Thursday, February 12, 2009

They've been dedicated to God!

Last night was a very special night for our family. We asked Pastor Andy and his wife, Charlotte, to bless and dedicate our babies to God and we're thankful that they granted our request (before Charlotte leaves for Nebraska). Andy read some verses for us and the babies. We prayed, then he dedicated them to God. We're also going to have a "public dedication" with our family and friends once we take our babies home.

PSALM 139:13-16

13 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
 14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; 
your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
 15 My frame was not hidden from you 
when I was made in the secret place. 
       When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
 16 your eyes saw my unformed body. 
All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

PROVERBS 22:6

6 Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.

The nurses made journals to keep track of what's happening since they were born for them to read when time comes. So here's Andy and Charlotte writing their love story for them.
They also stayed for a little while to witness what keeps our babies busy everyday. So part of it was watching Jo changing Josh's diaper and lifting him up to be weighed. This is also the 2nd time for Joshua to wear babies clothes. He doesn't have all the fat and muscles yet to fit into them but they still looked good on him. 
Joscel is back on CPAP and doing really well. She just likes to pull her feeding tube out though! And it's been 2 nights in a row when Jo tries to change her poopy diaper, as soon as Jo takes the dirty diaper out and lifts up her feet, she shoots her poop straight to the isolette, beddings and her new diaper! And she doesn't do that once, she does it twice and thrice in 2 minutes time! That's why daddy calls her "Pooper-Shooter!"
Also, Joshua was ex-tubated yesterday because he proved he could breath without tubes so here he is, back to prongs. What a super star!



No comments: